- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
- Establish reliable and ubiquitous wireless connectivity to mobile staff and guests, despite an unfriendly-RF environment.
Mandarin Oriental achieves new level of hotel services with Smarter Wi-Fi
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the worldâ€™s most prestigious hotels, resorts and residences in 26 countries. Like many hotels around the world, Mandarin Oriental has seen a dramatic uptake in Wi-Fi usage, as good Wi-Fi has become a fundamental necessity to providing excellent guest service. Mandarin Oriental was seeking to install a wireless infrastructure to support guest wireless access as well as in-house communication for hotel staff equipped with SpectraLink VoIP over Wi-Fi phones.
With Ruckus Wireless, Mandarin Oriental found an exceptional, cost-effective solution, as wireless connectivity excelled in spite of RF obstacles such as luxurious marble, heavy woods, and steel guest room doors. Ruckus Wireless was able to provide Mandarin Oriental with the best wireless solution centered on its ground-breaking Smart Wi-Fi technologies.
- 200+ Ruckus ZoneFlex Smart Wi-Fi indoor APs
- Satilla Regional Medical Center
- Install an affordable, user-friendly, and reliable wireless solution for 300 Wi-Fi devices, despite an unfriendly RF environment.
Satilla Regional Medical Center Gets Right Prescription for Healthy Wi-Fi
Satilla Regional Medical Center needed a wireless network that would be reliable and easy to maintain for more than 300 Wi-Fi enabled devices over 37,000 square feet. While Satilla was shifting to wireless methods of patient management, it struggled with the existing incompetent and ill-performing Cisco wireless LAN system. Additionally, “RF-unfriendly” building materials, microwaves, lab equipment and cordless phones wreaked havoc on stable wireless signals throughout the complex facility.
Satilla needed a cost-effective wireless system that addressed these reliability issues more intelligently within an interference-prone environment. Ruckus Wireless answered their call with its ZoneFlex system with dynamic beamforming and adaptive capabilities.
- 65 ZoneFlex 7962 dual-band indoor 802.11n access points
- Redundant ZoneDirector 3100 controllers
- Midrange enterprises, schools, universities, hotels
- Deliver multiple Ethernet connections with high-speed Wi-Fi affordably from a single Ethernet drop.
New Device Simplifies the Delivery of Converged IP Services, Redefines Network Cost Models and Eliminates Complexity from Pulling Wires Everywhere
Everyone wants Wi-Fi everywhere. But how do you connect a growing number of IP-based devices and provide Wi-Fi from a single Ethernet drop? The Ruckus ZoneFlex Wi-Fi Wall Switch (ZoneFlex™ 7025) is ideal for filling “void areas” within hotels and schools such as corners of buildings, conference rooms and other locations where ubiquitous wired and wireless coverage is not pervasive. The ZoneFlex 7025 integrates high speed 802.11n Wi-Fi technology with wired Ethernet ports into an elegant, inconspicuous and low-profile wall jack. In addition the Ruckus Wi-Fi Wall Switch is perfect for service providers and property owners seeking to deliver high value IP-based services to their customers. Complementing the Ruckus Wi-Fi Wall Switch is the new ZoneSwitch line of affordable 802.3at/af power over Ethernet (POE) switches. For the first time, Ruckus enables enterprises to offer multiple, high-value IP-based services over a single wired/wireless network at the highest performance and lowest cost.
- ZoneFlex 7025 - 802.11n (2.4GHz) Wired/Wireless Wall Switch
- ZoneSwitch 4224 - 24-port 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet 802.3at POE Layer 2 switch
- ZoneSwitch 4124 - 24-port 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet 802.3af POE Layer 2 switch
- Midrange enterprises, schools, universities, hotels, broadband operators
- Deliver high-speed and reliable 802.11n wireless connectivity and the most affordable price point possible.
At under $1 per Mbps of performance, the ZoneFlex 7300 series packs powerful performance and carrier-class reliability into the industry’s most affordable single- and dual-band 802.11n access point.
Until now, affordable and high performance 802.11n Wi-Fi has been an oxymoron. Now it’s never looked so good. Introducing the ZoneFlex 7300, the industry’s most affordable and highest performing midrange family of access points ever made. Whether deployed as standalone APs or within a centrally managed architecture, the ZoneFlex 7300 delivers unmatched range and reliability. Each single or dual-band ZoneFlex 7300 integrates patented smart antenna technology – utilizing adaptive and dynamic beamforming – along with a host of advanced Wi-Fi capabilities. The result is the most consistent wireless performance possible at virtually all distances. It’s the ideal solution for schools, hotels, hospitals, branch offices, retail environments – anywhere there’s a need for better Wi-Fi at the right price. See for yourself.
- ZoneFlex 7363 – Dual-band (2.4/5GHz) 802.11n smart Wi-Fi access point
- ZoneFlex 7343 – Single-band (2.4GHz) 802.11n smart Wi-Fi access point
- Douglas County School District
- Find a reliable, mobile, wireless solution to implement state-mandated MAP testing for every school in the district.
Wi-Fi makes mobile electronic testing a snap … IP voice and video too!
With 12 K-12 schools all needing an easy way for students to take the electronic Measured Achievement Progress (MAP) tests, the IT department came up with an idea – Wi-Fi. The students can just connect to an access point (AP) right from their classroom, log in and go, problem solved. How much trouble can a little end-user desktop support be?
Problem is, once you start testing, you need to finish. Unstable client connectivity, spotty coverage and erratic performance was upsetting the students, irritating the instructors and making the IT staff crazy. Additionally, the centrally managed system they originally bought into didn’t allow them to do the things they needed. Using the Wi-Fi network for anything else was out of the question.
- 65 ZoneFlex 7962 dual-band 802.11n Smart Wi-Fi access points
- 14 ZoneDirector 1000 series Smart WLAN controllers
- FlexMaster remote Wi-Fi service management system
Study how DCSD solved its Wi-Fi problems and then some.
- Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia
- Extend VOD services to guest room TVs wirelessly
How Much is it Worth to NOT Run a Cable to Every Guest Room? (Hint: a lot)
When Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants buys a property and makes its renovation plans, two-years before guests will be checking in, the design teams are already laying out the rooms and planning the technology that will help keep incredibly loyal and happy Kimpton customers – well, loyal and happy.
So, when late-stage design changes meant moving TVs, the designers had two choices, pull out the checkbook and pull more wire, or use the existing 802.11n dual band Wi-Fi spec’d for data and use it for Video On Demand services as well.
- 91 ZoneFlex 7962 Access Points (2.4Ghz for data | 5Ghz for VOD)
- 98 MediaFlex 7111 Adapters (Hidden behind the TVs)
- One ZoneFlex Controller
"Check in" to this hotel’s operational High-Def wireless VOD service.
- Operators / Next Gen Service Providers / Large System Integrators
- Deliver End-to-End Broadband Access Quickly and Profitably
If Wi-Fi Were as Reliable as Wire, Wireless Broadband Access Would Make Financial Sense. Now it is... and it Does
The demand for broadband access is exploding and there is a mad scramble on to deliver it. Until now, where there is no wireline infrastructure, only expensive alternatives offered some hope for internet connectivity. Now, with the availability of an end-to-end Ruckus Smart Wi-Fi broadband access (WBA) system, established and new broadband operators in emerging markets don’t have to shout the WiMAX mantra of “Build it and they will come,” they’re singing “Build it, where the world needs it.”
At one-fifth the cost to cover one square kilometer compared with WiMAX, the Ruckus WBA Solution is opening huge new markets. See how we do it with a fully managed point-to-point, backhaul, access and CPE solution.
- Lyons Township High School District 204
- Light up 105 acres and 1.3 million square feet of space with the latest in Wi-Fi networking.
Only the Best (and Most Affordable) Wi-Fi Will do for one of the Nation’s Top Public High Schools
For the students in any one of 100 classrooms out of the nearly 230 at Lyons Township High School, the Wi-Fi system seemed to work okay. After all, the Tech Services staff installed an access point in each every one of the 100 rooms. For the instructors and staff outside of those rooms, Wi-Fi was just something they knew about, but couldn’t use. Thick walls, concrete floors, wire mesh in the glass above metal lockers meant the radio signals weren’t making it much beyond their point of origin.
Managing the eclectic mix of existing APs was becoming impossible and the thought of delivering Wi-Fi beyond the 100 classrooms, let alone outdoors, was unthinkable until Tech Services tested Ruckus 802.11n products and began swapping out four old APs for every new one.
- Redundant ZoneDirector 3250 Smart WLAN controllers
- 250 ZoneFlex 7962 Smart Wi-Fi APs
- Meshed 7762 Dual Band 802.11n Outdoor APs (2010 phase II)
Educate yourself on why LTHS is cheering for Smart Wi-Fi.
- The Queen Mary
- Enable Wi-Fi connectivity for ship guests and visitors, despite 3” think bulkheads, obstacles and an unfriendly RF environment.
Ruckus Makes Everything Ship Shape for Wi-Fi on the Queen Mary
Entered into service in 1936, ship builders considered the design and electrical system of the Queen Mary to be state of the art. Today, in its role as one of the world’s best known attraction and hotel destinations, these same design and electrical attributes cause unique, and previously insurmountable problems for providing high-speed wireless Internet access services for the ship’s business and leisure guests.
Thick metal walls and myriad RF challenges that inhibited wireless communications throughout the historic ship prove no match for Ruckus Wireless Smart Wi-Fi.
- 33 ZoneFlex 2942 802.11g Smart Wi-Fi APs
- Ruckus ZoneDirector 1025 for guest rooms and ZoneDirector 1012 for conference area
Learn how the Queen Mary sailed into 21st Century wireless connectivity.
- Etherlive, Ltd.
- Build a robust outdoor meshed Wi-Fi network to support point-of-sale terminals, phones, laptops, and public broadband access over 50 acres of lands.
Outdoor Dual-Band Smart Wi-Fi performs at World of Music Festival (WOMAD)
Co-founded by music legend, Peter Gabriel, WOMAD (World of Music) is a series of festivals held around the world. The latest festival, in Charlton Park England, needed to support infrastructure services for organizers and public Wi-Fi access for some 45,000 music goers. Huge metal stages, makeshift offices, large volumes of electronics, and trucks wreak havoc for WLANs.
- 18 ZoneFlex dual-band 802.11n Smart WLAN APs
- 1 ZoneDirector Smart WLAN Controller
- Smart Mesh Networking support
- ZoneFlex Smart Wireless LAN System
- Design a simple yet secure and robust wireless LAN system that is ultra-easy to use, extends signal range and avoids interference and obstacles at the lowest possible total cost of ownership
The Making of a Smarter Wireless LAN System
Centralized wireless LAN have been done. The problem is that are too complex and costly for the "Unfortunate 50,000" enterprises who don’t have hordes of IT staff and IT budget. What’s more conventional wireless LAN systems do nothing to automatically adaptive to real-time environmental changes that wreak havoc on Wi-Fi performance. Better range and reliability are essential for enterprises looking to provide a wireless system for more than merely surfing the Internet. Enter a smarter wireless LANs from Ruckus Wireless.
Our ZoneFlex Smart Wireless LAN system is the only one on the market today to combined smart antenna technology, smart wireless mesh networking, and advanced quality of service mechanisms with a single, centralized and scalable platform. The result is a new class of smarter wireless LAN system that deploys in half the time, at half the cost and three times the performance of any other comparable solution.
- ZoneFlex 7942 802.11n Smart Mesh outdoor APs
- ZoneFlex 7942 802.11n Smart Mesh indoor APs
- ZoneFlex 2942 802.11g Smart Mesh outdoor APs
- ZoneFlex 2942 802.11g Smart Mesh indoor APs
- ZoneDirector 1000 Line of Smart WLAN controllers supporting from 6 to 50 APs
- ZoneDirector 3000 Line of Smart WLAN controllers supporting up to 250 APs
Learn how our ZoneFlex Smart WLAN system can help save you time and money.
- Sandals, Caribbean
- Install a reliable, high-speed 802.11n wireless LAN that delivers killer coverage and consistent performance indoors and out for 20 mega-resort properties in the Caribbean.
Indoor/outdoor 802.11n makes life that much more enjoyable
Sandals Resorts needed to deploy a reliable high-speed wireless LAN system in record-time. Guests at Sandals resorts were constantly on the move at each of its spawling properties. And Sandals’ experience with Wi-Fi had been hit or miss. More and more of its guests were bringing handheld devices such as iPhones, Blackberry Curve’s, laptops and Sony PSPs on vactions and wanted to stay connected. But with limited IT staff, limited Ethernet cabling and a limited budget, this was a tall order.
Sandals turned to the Ruckus Wireless ZoneFlex 802.11 Smart WLAN system to provide ubiquitous indoor-outdoor coverage in public areas, guest rooms, pools and patios, restaurants. fitness centers and everywhere else you can think of.
- 101 ZoneFlex 7942 802.11n Smart Mesh outdoor AP’s
- 82 ZoneFlex 7942 802.11n Smart Mesh indoor AP’s
- 13 ZoneDirector 1025 WLAN controllers
- 2 ZoneDirector 1050 WLAN controllers
- 3 ZoneDirector 1012 WLAN controllers
Learn the ins and outs of this Wi-Fi deployment.
- Royal College of Music
- Get Wi-Fi coverage everywhere with consistent performance and strong signals throughout a harsh environment and old buildings.
Making Wi-Fi Sing with Smart Mesh Networking
At London’s prestigious Royal College of Music, providing reliable and ubiquitous wireless coverage looked as though it might never happen. Historic buildings constructed in the 1900s of thick concrete and brick were anything but friendly to Wi-Fi signals while users were looking for more Internet access and reliable connectivity in theaters, practice room and residence halls.
- Ruckus ZoneDirector 1050
- 19 Ruckus ZoneFlex 2942 802.11g APs
- 6 Ruckus ZoneFlex 7942 802.11n APs
- Smart Mesh Networking support
Read about it for yourself.
- Delta School District
- Standardize on a wireless LAN system that could be centrally managed across a 33-school district that could do more than merely provide casual Internet access.
Learning how to make Wi-Fi do more for less.
With 33 K-12 schools scattered throughout the south of Vancouver, Delta School District needed to find a simple, yet robust WLAN system that its could easily deploy in all its school while managing everything from its district school board office. It was sold on a centrally managed WLAN system but found them all to be too costly and cumbersome — lacking some key features like meshing — that would allow them to better serve from 20,000 students and faculty.
Delta found Ruckus and went to work to install next generation WLANs in all of its 33-schools in 90 days.
- 150 ZoneFlex 2942 802.11g APs
- 84 ZoneFlex 7942 802.11n APs
- 23 ZoneDirector 1006 WLAN controllers
- 3 ZoneDirector 1012 WLAN controllers
- 4 ZoneDirector 1025 WLAN controllers
- FlexMaster management software
- Smart Mesh network technology
Learn what Delta did to turn wireless into a ubiquitous utility.
- With more than 2,000 digital TV screens in over 50 airports throughout China, Airmedia needed a more flexible, high performance and reliable way to transmit high definition advertising to these displays - their business depended on it.
Making 802.11n Wi-Fi Really Fly for Digital Signage.
Based in Beijing, Airmedia operates the largest digital media network in China. With more than 2,000 digital TV screens in over 50 airports throughout China, Airmedia needed a more flexible, high performance and reliable way to transmit high definition advertising to these displays - their business depended on it. At these airports, cabling installation is extremely costly and inflexible. And cable drops required the approval of airport authorities. In many locations, cable drops to the display screens just wasn’t possible. In addition, sending someone to swap out DVDs on each terminal was inefficient and costly. Conventional Wi-Fi was tried but due to the harsh RF environment, these products failed miserably to provide long-range and reliable connections that could support real-time streaming media. Airmedia also wanted to minimize the number of APs needed in order to reduce capital costs and operational time and expense to deploy their system.
Then Airmedia found Ruckus.
- ZoneFlex 7942 802.11n Smart Wi-Fi access points throughout the airports with each AP supporting four HD digital signs
- Redundant ZoneDirector Smart WLAN Controllers in every airport to provide local management.
See what Airmedia did to fix these problems and then some.
- Daily Resorts Management
- Accommodate high density WLAN needs by the pool, in the registration buildings, and in guests rooms.
Smarter Wi-Fi delivers full coverage and 24/7 redundant access with fewer APs
Daily Management, Inc. provides professional management of day-to-day operations at 17 resorts located in South Florida, Virginia, Massachusetts and Nevada. Their guests arrive demanding access across the properties, especially in the lobbies during peak check-in and check-out times, but their existing Cisco Wi-Fi network couldn’t deliver.
Their wireless LAN needed to accommodate high density needs, eliminate bottlenecks problems and deliver the maximum broadband available when guests wanted to download games, DVDs, music, chat and use VoIP from their laptops
- Ruckus ZoneDirector 1050 Smart WLAN controllers
- Hundreds of Ruckus ZoneFlex 2942 Smart Wi-Fi 802.11g APs